Friday, October 11, 2013

Pumpkin Oatmeal

1/2 cup milk
1/3 cup pumpkin pie mix
1/2 cup oatmeal
  
In cereal bowl, combine milk and pumpkin pie mix.  Mix well.  

Add oatmeal.  Mix well.  Microwave 2 minutes.  

Add additional milk and sugar if desired.  Makes 1 serving.

 

This recipe has a delicious hint of pumpkin flavor and is rich and creamy.  My husband is not a big pumpkin fan, so when I want pumpkin oatmeal I have to make a single serving. 

I like to garnish it with dried cranberries and chopped pecans.  I sometimes just add a little extra cinnamon and brown sugar.  It is a good basic recipe that you can adapt to your preferences. Add a little extra spice if you like.  Whatever makes you happy!  

Check back on Tuesday,
for my Tuesday's Tips & Tricks post! 

Follow me on my Facebook page!

Visit my friends blogs!

GINGERLOCKS' KITCHEN, has become one of your favorite blogs! Stop by Jordan's blog and take a peek! 

Also visit my friend Pam's blog, Pam's Midwest Kitchen Korner,  for more great recipes!  Once you read her blog, she will be your friend too! 

2 comments:

  1. You will never believe this as I see it all the time in American recipes but I have never seen a tin of pumpkin pie mix! I guess you can just use cooked pumpkin the same though. Have a good week Diane

    ReplyDelete